We had some Danish Blue Cheese left from our Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Pizza, and since we’ve had success incorporating blue cheese into a few past burgers (Buffalo Chicken Burger and Apple Pork Burgers), we decided to reembrace the burger concept while still embracing new flavour combos. To make that happen, we picked ground venison to build a rich gaminess to complement the saltiness of the blue cheese…and we opted to use Truffle Infused Honey to double down on the earthiness of all components while adding a distinctive sweetness to balance the flavours.
To top our burgers, we used a grilled onion slice as well as some fresh arugula. However, sliced tomato would be a great addition as well. We served our burger with Tater Tots, but it would also go extremely well with Sweet Potato Wedge Fries.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Ground meat of your choice. We used Venison, but Beef or Bison would be great too.
- Blue Cheese (Crumbled or wedge)
- Truffle Infused Honey
- Burger toppings of your choice. We used a grilled onion and arugula.
- Flatten a few ounces of your ground meat into a thin patty.
- Crumble your blue cheese atop
- Flatten another thin patty to lay over the blue cheese, and crimp the two patties together.
- Heat your grill or a grill pan (if pan, spray with a little oil), and then place your burger on top along with an onion slice (if using).
- Cook your burgers and onions for about 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5 minutes (until your cheese melts and your meat hits an internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F).
- As your burgers cook, spread your truffle infused honey on the bottom of the top bun, and prep and place your toppings.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!