We made this as part of a customized pizza trifecta for the NFL Draft a few weeks ago. This particular one was a no brainer to make given how I love Buffalo Sauce combined with the event at hand! Unlike other Buffalo Chicken Pizzas I’ve had in the past, I decided to incorporate celery by building it as a critical component in my sauce…and then I decided to add some crumbled blue cheese as a finishing touch! Not only was this pizza tasty…it fueled my team to a draft that looks strong at first blush (although we really won’t know for 3-4 years whether it was a good one or otherwise).
Time: 45 Minutes
- Pizza Crust or Dough. Go with pre-made, or try Making Your Own!
- A few Stalks of Celery
- Defrosted Chicken Tenders
- Buffalo Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and place your pizza stone in the oven.
- As your oven heats, dice your celery, and sautee it in a little butter to caramelize.
- When your celery is done, scoop it into a blender, and pour in some buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing. Puree to make your sauce.
- Slice your defrosted chicken tenders into chunks.
- If working with pizza dough, roll it out on a piece of parchment paper to the size you like. Remove your pizza stone from the oven, and place your pizza dough or crust atop.
- Spread your celery/buffalo sauce atop your dough/crust.
- Arrange your chicken tender chunks on your sauce.
- Sprinkle your shredded mozzarella over your toppings, and then add a touch of crumbled blue cheese.
- Drizzle a little more Buffalo sauce on top of everything.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your crust and whether you’re using precooked or raw dough).
- When your cheese is melted, and your crust is crisp to your liking, remove from the oven.
- Slice, plate, devour, and enjoy!