This pizza is sure to delight. It’s got a little saltiness from the bacon and Gruyere, a little earthiness from the mushrooms, and a little creaminess/sweetness from the mozzarella. We opted to use a Sourdough Pizza Crust, but this would work very well with some of our other Pizza Crusts, most notably the Whole Wheat and Garlic Cauliflower versions.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Pizza Crust or Dough (Check out our Recipes Here)
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Seasoned Olive Oil
- Gruyere Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Put your pizza stone in the oven, and preheat your to 425 degrees F.
- Slice your mushrooms
- Pour a little olive oil into a small bowl, and add your desired dried herbs.
- Grate or dice your cheese.
- Cut your bacon strips into smaller strips (we used bacon we had frozen previously, and cutting frozen bacon is MUCH easier than non-frozen bacon). Remove any fat as you please.
- Fry your bacon strips until they get crispy and begin to brown. When done, set aside in a small bowl.
- When all of that is done, and your oven’s hot, pull the pizza stone out of the oven, sprinkle a little corn meal atop, and form your dough or crust atop the stone. Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the semi-cooked crust from the oven, and brush on your seasoned olive oil. This will form your sauce.
- Place your mushrooms and bacon on next.
- Finish everything off with your two cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until your crust reaches your desired level of crispiness, and your cheese melts and just starts to brown.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a few moments, and cut into slices.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!
Thank you! Playing with different pizzas is just so much fun!