The other night, we were looking for a simple, fast, delicious meal. The weather was nice, so we figured we’d grill to reduce clean-up…but we still had to pick what to grill. In the end, we picked shrimp because of how quickly it cooks. We skewered it up (for ease of flipping), gave it a little bit of seasoning, and we were off to the races!
We served our shrimp over Jade Rice with Grilled Ramps on the side. However, this shrimp would also be great served with couscous or quinoa and any other grilled vegetable you like!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Olive Oil (spray is easiest)
- Black Pepper
- Peel and devein your shrimp.
- Heat your grill.
- Skewer your shrimp on a kebab skewer. To do this, you want to push through the top part as well as the tail so they get a good hook and don’t spin as you try to rotate the skewer while cooking.
- Spray both sides with a little olive oil, and sprinkle on some black pepper.
- Place your skewers on the grill, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip (use tongs or a glove), and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side.
- When your shrimp have become a firm white and pinkish orange colour and have some nice grill marks on them, you’re done.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!