We love sweet potato fries because they add a nice depth of flavour and nutrition compared to regular fries (which we also still quite enjoy). We posted another Sweet Potato Fries Recipe (one year ago to the day, oddly enough), and those ones turn out like a fry/chip hybrid. So, we wanted to try something different, and that’s where these babies come in. They are a thicker, wedge shaped fry (like our Garlic Dill Potato and Broccoli Stalk Wedges), and the result is a more pillowy soft inside.
We served these with our Crispy Crab Cake Sandwiches, but they’d pair well with pretty much any Burger you can imagine…or even Fish n’ Chips if you’re feeling adventurous!
- Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil
- Optional: Chipotle Chili Powder
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some foil.
- Wash your sweet potato, and carefully cut it in half down the middle so that you have two pieces of potato, each fully round where you made your initial cut.
- Then, put the big flat end down, and cut each in half longways.
- Cut each of your potato quarters into wedges.
- Toss your wedges in some olive oil and your desired seasonings.
- Align your coated wedges on a baking sheet.
- Stash in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Flip them all, rotate your pan if your oven has hot spots, and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!