Garlic and Dill was our go-to flavour combination the other day, as we paired these with our Pan Fried Flounder. That said, you can use this method and swap out our spice suggestions for your own, and you’ll still get the same golden brown, delightfully crispy finished product!
The original idea was to just use potatoes, but then, we saw the broccoli stalks we had in the fridge (leftover from our Broccoli and Cheddar Millet Cakes) and figured we’d experiment with it. We think that next time, we would start roasting the potatoes and then add the broccoli stalks shortly into the roasting time to improve their texture…but the taste was great, and it added a little colour and nutrition to the side dish!
Time: 50 Minutes
- Potatoes (We used Yukon Golds)
- Broccoli Stalks
- Olive Oil
- Dried Minced Garlic
- Dried Dill
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some foil.
- Wash and dry your potatoes, and cut them into wedges. First, cut them in half, and then put the flat side down on your cutting board. Then, cut that in half again, and carefully cut each of those halves in a diagonal manner to form your wedges. Put into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the bottom ends off your broccoli stalks, peel the remaining part of your stalks with a potato peeler, and cut them into wedges in the same way you cut your potatoes in the previous step. Add these to your bowl as well.
- Drizzle your potatoes and broccoli stalks with olive oil, add in your seasonings, and toss to combine and coat.
- Put your potatoes on the baking sheet, and roast for about 10 minutes.
- Remove your baking sheet from the oven, and add your broccoli stalks to the party.
- Roast for another 30 minutes.
- When everything is nicely golden brown, and your potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, you’re done!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!