We had some leftover crab claw meat from our Crispy Crab Cakes with Lemongrass Sriracha Aioli, so we decided to use that to give our original Baked Jalapeno Poppers recipe a bit of a new, seafoody twist.
These go well as an entree, and appetizer, or a side dish. We served ours with Fiesta Black Beans, but they would also go well with our Cilantro Cucumber Salad or even as a side for your favourite tacos. We suspect that wrapping them in bacon and baking them for a little longer so the bacon can get nice and crispy would be a hit too, but we can’t confirm that at this point.
Time: 45 Minutes
- Crab Claw Meat
- Cream Cheese
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Coriander
- A Lime (for the zest)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix your crab meat, cream cheese, seasonings, and lime zest together in a bowl, and stir to fully combine.
- Wash your jalapenos, and then cut the stems off (but leave the part where the stem attaches to the pepper itself).
- Slice your jalapenos in half longways, and remove the seeds.
- Place your peppers on your baking sheet, and stuff with your crab dip filling.
- Top everything with a little paprika, and put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. If you want shredded cheese melted atop, add cheese for the last 5-10 minutes.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!