This is a great, simple side dish for your favourite Mexican entrees. It’s basically a sauteed medley of black beans, veggies, and seasonings, and it’s very customizable since you can swap out veggies and spices to your liking. We can’t say for sure, but we think this might be good chilled and served as a salad too…but again, don’t hold us to that.
We served this as a complement to our Crab Dip Stuffed Roasted Jalapenos, but we would highly suggest pairing it with our Chorizo and Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Margarita Sauce.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Black Beans
- Red Bell Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Dried (or fresh) cilantro leaves
- A little lime juice
- Dice your onion and pepper.
- Heat a pan, and melt a little oil in it.
- Add in your onions and peppers, and sautee for a minute or two.
- Add in your corn and beans along with your seasonings and the squirt of lime juice (or lime zest).
- Sautee for about 7-8 minutes.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!