My sous chef came up with the basic idea for this one! He wanted burritos, and we had everything needed on hand, so it was meant to be! For this particular iteration, we built our filling with a mixture of lime infused rice and sauteed shrimp with jalapeno…and then we folded in our Simple Guacamole to complete the flavour profile before spreading that atop lettuce and melted cheese!
We served our burritos with Fiesta Corn Salad (warm version), and that worked pretty well. If you’re looking for a little more protein and fiber, we’d suggest swapping that our for our Fiesta Black Beans. After quick reflection, any side dish with the word “Fiesta” in the name will probably pair nicely.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Burrito Wraps
- Shrimp (Peeled and deveined)
- Ground Cumin
- Rice (About a half cup makes 3 burritos)
- Lime Juice
- Guacamole. Make your own recipe, or Try Ours!
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Pour your rice into a medium sized pot, and squirt in some lime juice (and diced cilantro if you like). Then, add in 3 parts water per part rice, and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook until your water is gone.
- Prep your Guacamole
- As your rice cooks, dice your jalapeno (keeping seeds if you prefer spicy, discarding otherwise). Then, peel, devein, and dice your shrimp.
- Heat some oil in a pan, and add your diced jalapeno. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, and then add your shrimp to the pan. Sidenote/learning: DO NOT add any water to your pan as you cook the jalapenos. You will wind up essentially aerosolizing your capsaicin and pepper spraying your entire kitchen…
- As your shrimp and jalapeno cook, sprinkle in your ground cumin, and add some cilantro if using.
- When your rice and shrimp/jalapeno is done, combine in a large mixing bowl, and stir together well. Then, scoop your guacamole on top of everything, and fold it in until it’s all fully incorporated.
- Lay your tortilla shell on a plate, and top it with some lettuce and shredded taco cheese. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt cheese and soften your tortilla.
- Scoop your shrimpy/guacy/riciness atop your tortilla, and fold it all up!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!