Big football games call for drastic nutrition measures! Last weekend, there was a big game, so we broke out our Anchor Bar Buffalo Sauce and some Danish Blue Cheese to make a Buffalo Chicken Burger! As with pretty much anything Buffalo Chickeny, the spicy vinegary goodness of the sauce and the salty earthiness of the blue cheese are a full on delight to the palate. Additionally, we won, so it’s now a good luck food (I’m not saying it was the ONLY reason we won…but I’m not denying it either).
We ate our burger by itself, but it would also go very well with fries, celery sticks, or a side salad!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Ground Chicken (4-6 ounces/burger)
- Buffalo Sauce
- Blue Cheese
- Burger Bun
- Toppings of your choice…we used lettuce and tomato
- Heat some butter or oil in a pan.
- Form your ground chicken into patties, and place them in your pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- As your burgers cook, prep your toppings.
- Pour your favourite Buffalo Sauce over your chicken, and bring it to a simmer. Flip your burgers occasionally as the sauce cooks down.
- Optional: Toast your bun as your chicken finishes.
- Build your burger, adding your blue cheese on top of the chicken.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!