For this side dish, we essentially combined Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Roasted Cauliflower Wedges. Since the vegetables cook at similar rates, we had to cut our veggies into pieces of roughly comparable size to ensure even cooking. Once you have the veggies cut, this recipe is about as easy as it gets…and it builds a nice balance and depth of flavour. As a fun sidenote that may only interest me, the two vegetables we used are related, as they both branch from the cabbage family tree.
Time: 50 Minutes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean and cut your veggies:
- Rinse your cauliflower, and cut it into florets.
- Rinse your Brussels Sprouts, and cut the ends off (where they attach to the stalk). If you have large sprouts like we did, cut them in half too so they are similar in size to your cauliflower pieces.
- Combine your veggies in an oven safe baking vessel, drizzle some olive oil atop, sprinkle your salt and pepper, and shake to combine and coat.
- Stash in the oven for about 40-45 minutes. We cooked them with the lid on for about 25 mins before removing the lid to finish.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!