Cauliflower is an extremely versatile vegetable. So far, we’ve used it to make Mashed Cauliflower, Fried Rice, Paella, and used it as part of a medley in a Grilled Veggie Pillow. However, tonight, we’re going back to basics and just taking cauliflower as it comes. No fancy tricks or gimmicks…just pure enjoyment of a excellent vegetable. It also has the benefit of being extremely easy to make, takes very little effort, and is still highly customizable with different spicing combinations!
Tonight’s cauliflower wedges were paired with Enchilada Stacks (post coming soon), but these would go well as a vegetable side for any grilled or roasted meat you can imagine! For example, think of how this would pair with a nice Grilled NY Strip Steak, Grilled Pork Loin Chops, or even Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu! The possibilities are endless.
Time: 40 Minutes
- Seasonings of your choice. A few tried and true choices are:
- Chili Powder (used in the pictures since it was paired with a Mexican influenced entree)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Paprika (or Smoked paprika)
- Turmeric and Ground Clove
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with some oil sprayed foil
- Carefully, cut your cauliflower in half, and remove the leaves and the thickest part of the stalk
- Slice your cauliflower into wedges by continuing to halve it until you’ve got pieces of your desired size. The direction of the cuts should always be “longitudinal” and keep the stalk at the heart of each slice (this keeps them together). See picture below for how it should look.
- Spray the wedges with a little more oil, and season however you see fit.
- Throw them in the oven for 35-45 minutes (time will vary based on thickness and your overall desired level of doneness).
- Remove from oven, plate, devour, and enjoy!