The entire idea for this recipe came last weekend while we were cooking Sushi Stuffed Shrimp with our favourite sous chef. While we cooked, he told us that the combination of ranch dressing, ketchup, and BBQ sauce works really well. Frankly, we would have never thought to mix these ingredients into a sauce, so we are very thankful for the tip! With those three flavours in mind as the basis for a meal, we had to pick what to make! Having not made pizza in a while, so we figured we’d try using the aforementioned sauce combination as our pizza sauce, and then we picked “burger toppings” as the theme for the rest of the pie!
Since when we think of burgers, we also think of fries (and we wanted to add some extra vegetables to our meal) we served our slice of pizza with Yellow Bean “French Fries.” This was just personal preference though…this pizza can easily stand on its own as a meal!
Time: 40 Minutes
- Pizza Crust or Dough. We are using our Classic Pizza Crust Recipe.
- Ground meat of your choosing. Beef is the most classic way to go, but turkey or venison would work too!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- For your Sauce:
- Ranch Dressing
- BBQ Sauce
- Optional Toppings (* denotes ones we used):
- Crispy Crumbled Bacon
- Dill Pickle Slices* (or Make your own Pickles ahead of time!)
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Sliced Tomato*
- Sesame Seeds*
- Place your pizza stone in your oven, and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Begin to heat a pan with a little oil.
- Dice your onion and add it to your pan. Then, add in your ground meat, and saute until it’s completely cooked through. Make sure you break it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- As your meat cooks,
- Mix your ranch dressing, ketchup, and BBQ sauce together in a bowl.
- Prep your other topping ingredients.
- When your meat is done, pull your pizza stone from the oven, and place pizza crust (or rolled dough) on it.
- Use a big spoon to spread your sauce atop the dough.
- Scoop your meaty/oniony burger mixture atop your pizza, and spread it evenly.
- Layer your toppings ingredients onto your burger layer.
- Sprinkle your cheese atop everything, and finish it all off with some sesame seeds over your cheese.
- Place your pizza in the oven, and bake for about 15-20 minutes until all of your cheese is melted, and your crust reaches your desired level of crispness.
- Remove your pizza from the oven, and wait a few minutes (this is the hardest part) before slicing.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!