It’s summer, which is synonymous with “Grilling Season!” Grilling often implies burgers, and burgers often bring French Fries along as their sidekick. If you’re looking to break the chain though, these delicious yellow string beans are a great, low calorie substitute for French Fries. They look similar on the plate, but they are rich with the flavour of veggie goodness, and they are roasted, not fried! While we most often make these to accompany burgers, this time, we paired it with a Pan Fried Haddock recipe to make a healthier version of Fish n’ Chips!
Time: 30 Minutes
- Yellow String Beans
- Olive Oil
- Any seasonings you like to go with your main course’s flavour profile.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, line a baking sheet with foil, and give it a quick oil spray.
- Wash and pick the stems off your beans, and place them on the baking sheet
- Give the beans a quick spray with some olive oil (can also toss them in a bowl with your olive oil before putting them on the baking sheet if you prefer)
- Sprinkle on your seasonings
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until they reach your desired level of tenderness. They should turn a nice golden brown.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!