A few weeks ago, we made a Burger Pizza by building traditional flavours of a cheeseburger onto a pizza. For this recipe, we did the exact opposite by building pizza flavours into a burger! We kept this burger simple and only used pizza sauce and mozzarella as toppings (along with all the seasonings used in the patty itself)…however, we think this would have been further enhanced by the addition of other toppings like sauteed mushrooms and roasted eggplant discs.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Ground Beef…Although Italian Sausage would be a funky alternative.
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
- Pizza Sauce
- Burger Bun
- Any Optional Toppings you like. We think sauteed mushrooms or sliced roasted eggplant would work really well with this.
- Prep any of your desired optional toppings.
- Scoop your beef into a bowl, and sprinkle in a small pinch of salt along with your oregano and garlic. Then, add in a small handful of shredded mozzarella.
- Mix everything together in your bowl, and form your beef into a patty.
- Heat a pan (or your grill) with a little butter or oil in it, and when it’s hot, add your patty.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5 minutes. You will want your final internal cooked temperature to be about 165 degrees F (don’t worry…your burger won’t be dry).
- As your burger cooks, heat your pizza sauce, and prep your bun.
- When your burger is ready, slide it onto your bun, top it with any optional additional toppings, pour your sauce over, and top everything with more shredded mozzarella.
- Devour, and enjoy!