As we were trying to decide what to do with the crab claw meat we had just bought, we saw some Spring Roll wrappers in the back of our fridge, which helped make our decision for us. As for the rest of the filling, it’s hard to argue against sauteed cabbage, so we decided to embrace that as our second ingredient. Then came the decision about the sauce. My in-laws gave my wife’s grandparents an industrial sized jar of duck sauce, so we now have 1/2 of an industrial sized jar of duck sauce in our fridge, and we wanted to make use of it…so we mixed it with a little Sriracha and went merrily on our way!
We served our spring rolls as an entree with a side of steamed broccoli. However, these would be great as a side for your favourite Stir Fry or as an hors d’oeuvre!
Time: 45 Minutes
- For your Spring Rolls:
- Crab Claw Meat
- Soy Sauce
- Black (or Rice) Vinegar
- Spring Roll Wrappers (or Egg Roll Wrappers)
- For our suggested dipping sauce:
- Duck Sauce
- Shred your cabbage (or buy preshredded cabbage) by cutting it very thinly into small strips.
- Heat some oil in a pan, and add your cabbage. As it cooks, add a little soy sauce and black vinegar to build richness to your flavour. Sautee until your cabbage is soft, about 15 minutes.
- If using conventional oven, as your cabbage cooks, preheat your oven to 415 degrees F, line a baking sheet with some foil, and give it a quick oil spray.
- When your cabbage is ready, transfer it to a bowl, and mix in your crab claw meat.
- Lay your spring rolls on a flat clean surface so there’s no overlap.
- If using an air fryer, preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Parse out your filling equally across your spring roll wrappers, and working one at a time, wrap each one up and place on your baking sheet or air frying basket.
- When all of your spring rolls are wrapped, give the tops a quick oil spray, and stash in your air fryer or oven for about 20 minutes.
- As your spring rolls cook, mix your duck sauce and Sriracha to make your dipping sauce (or make any other dipping sauce you like).
- When your spring rolls are crispy and golden brown, you’re good to go!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!