Originally, I made this for breakfast on a camping trip…but I had some leftover ingredients, so I decided to make it again at home (where I had left my camera). It’s a simple, delicious, one pan meal that can play the role of breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner (if you’re looking for that Breakfast for Dinner vibe).
Since this meal has protein, carbs, and veggies, we didn’t bother to serve it with a side…but it would pair well with toast or some roasted vegetables. Also, you can switch up your veggie ingredients and use things like Shaved Brussels sprouts, Diced Zucchini, Diced Asparagus, Diced Mushrooms, etc…and you can even switch out the shredded potatoes for shredded sweet potatoes or even turnip if you want a different vibe or to reduce the carbs!
Time: 20 Minutes
- Shredded Potatoes (we used frozen, but if making from fresh potatoes, check our Rösti recipe)
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Optional: Bacon, Ham, or Crumbled Sausage
- Optional: Condiment. We used Ketchup, but Salsa would be great too.
- Dice your veggies, and parboil+shred your potatoes if not using frozen.
- Melt some butter in a heavy bottomed pan, and then add your peppers, onions, and potatoes. Sprinkle in a little salt, and stir to combine.
- If using bacon (remove a bunch of the fat, and slice into thin strips) or sausage (crumble by hand), add to your pan as well. Stir to combine.
- Allow your ingredients to cook, stirring only occasionally to prevent burning but not so much as to inhibit browning.
- When your onions and peppers have softened, and your potatoes begin to get crispy (and your meat is cooked), crack in your eggs, break your yolks, and stir to fully incorporate them into your other ingredients.
- When your egg has firmed and is no longer runny, sprinkle in your cheese, and allow it to melt.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!