A few weeks ago, we made Pizza Burgers, and we greatly enjoyed the fusion of Italian and American foods. So, we went back to the proverbial well and make burgers styled after another classic dish! This time, we picked the mushroomy saucy goodness that is Chicken or Pork Marsala! To make it happen, we formed garlicy burger patties and grilled them before topping them with mozzarella and marsala sauteed mushrooms.
We served our burgers on homemade buns (totally forgot to get buns on a grocery run and decided it was more convenient to just make our own than to go back out) with baby spinach…but sliced tomato, onion, or even roasted red peppers would be solid toppings too. Lastly, we Grilled some Asparagus to serve as our side.
Time: 20 Minutes
- For your Patties:
- Ground Meat. We used Venison.
- Roasted Garlic
- Bread Crumbs
- For your Marsala Component:
- Marsala Wine
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- Optional Toppings:
- Sliced Onion
- Preheat your grill.
- Put your ground meat into a large bowl, and add some roasted garlic. We used roasted garlic paste since we had it on hand, but roasting your own will work very well too. Then, add an egg and bread crumbs, and mix together so that your meat forms nicely into patties.
- Rinse and slice your mushrooms.
- Place your patties on the grill, and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, and then flip, and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- As your burgers begin to cook, melt your butter in a pan, and add your sliced mushrooms.
- Sautee your mushrooms until they begin to brown, and then sprinkle in your flour, and stir to coat your mushrooms. Then, pour in your marsala wine and allow to cook and thicken.
- When your burgers are nearly done (165 degrees internal cook temp), place a slice of mozzarella atop each, and allow to melt.
- Plate, top your burger(s) with your mushrooms, devour, and enjoy!