This is one of our favourite ways to cook asparagus on days of spring and summer whether the weather is beautiful. It makes for a unique side dish to whatever else you’re grilling, and as far as effort, there’s practically none involved! Since the heating method is dry, the flavour of your asparagus will more closely resemble roasted ‘gus than steamed. Luckily for us, that’s how we prefer it since the flavour is a little nuttier and earthier and less grassy/fieldy.
Most recently, we have paired this with our Marsala Burger and Soy and Rice Vinegar Grilled Pork, this is perfect for any Grilled Meat. Just throw some on the grill with burgers, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, beef, mutton, venison, bison, duck, goose…you can’t go wrong.
Time: 15 Minutes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your grill.
- Cut the woody bottom parts off your asparagus spears.
- While your asparagus is still on the cutting board, give it a quick olive oil spray. Then, sprinkle on a little salt and pepper (other seasonings such as garlic powder are really good too).
- Grill for about 3-5 minutes, flip, and grill for another 3-5 minutes (all depending on the thickness of your spears). For ease of flipping (and if you have thick spears), you can shove a kebab skewer or two through your spears, but we find just leaving them lose on the grill and moving them around with tongs gets the job done well enough.
- When you’ve got a little bit of charring/grill marks on your asparagus, and it’s softened your preferred texture, remove from the grill.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!