We were blessed with some perfect weather tonight (not too hot, not too cold, not too humid, and not too dry). so we decided to fire up the grill and cook our entire meal on it. We started with a steak that we wanted to build some fall flavours for, so we crusted the sides in a mix of black pepper and ground sage to give it a nice earthy spiciness. We then paired it with Grilled Asparagus and Lisa’s Grilled Potatoes.
If you’re not a huge asparagus fan, take a look at some of our other grilled veggie side dishes like Grilled Beets, Grilled Mushrooms, Grilled Okra, Grilled Veggie Pillow, or Grilled Zucchini. If you’d like to swap out the grilled potatoes for other starches, we recommend Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Grill Bread, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Rösti, or Sweet Potato Bubble and Squeak.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Sirloin Steak(s)
- Ground Black Pepper
- Ground Sage
- Pull your steak out of the fridge, and let it sit at room temperature about an hour before you want to eat.
- A half hour or so before cooking, mix some black pepper and ground sage in a bowl, and dip the sides of your steak in it, rotating until the edges are coated.
- Sprinkle some salt on the top and bottom of your steak, and set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat your grill.
- When the grill is hot, place your steak on, and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Flip, and let it cook for another 5 or so before using your meat thermometer to check for doneness. We wanted medium rare, so we pulled it off the grill at 140 degrees F, but please adjust times to account for your preferences.
- Pull your steak from the grill, and let it sit for 5 minutes before you cut in.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!