Summer is definitely here. And that means fresh corn! There are so many potential ways to cook corn, but one of my favourites is also one of the simplest methods. Unlike other methods to cooking corn, grilling makes for a crispy yet tender texture, and it adds a smoky richness to the natural sweetness of the kernels.
We served this with BBQ Pulled Goose and Grilled Zucchini, but it would be a great side to any grilled meat. And as an added benefit, if you grill your vegetables as well as your entree, you have so much less to clean up after dinner!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Corn on the Cob
- Olive Oil or Butter
- Seasonings (I used chili powder, but salt and pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika would all go very well here too)
- Preheat your grill.
- Shuck your corn, remove the silk, and put it on whatever plate you’re using to transport it to the grill
- Spray or brush each cob with oil/butter
- Sprinkle your seasonings on.
- Put your corn on the grill for about 2 minutes. Then, roll it 90 degrees, and let it go for another 2 minutes. Keep repeating this until your corn is starting to brown on all sides!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!