We love Breakfast for Dinner, but to be quite frank, we don’t make it enough. For this particular version, we decided to go with an omelet as our base idea. Then, as we looked through the fridge, we saw some leftover burrito wraps from our Insalata di Mario Recipe, and the meal started to come into focus. After deciding that we were going to wrap our omelet into a burrito, we were left with the next choice: filling!
We went with some more traditional burrito ingredients (onion, pepper, avocado, habanero, black beans, and cheddar) for our omelet filling, but this will work with any omelet filling you fancy on whatever day you are cooking this!
Time: 35 Minutes
- Burrito Wraps
- Eggs (2-3 per omelet)
- Milk (1-3 tablespoons per omelet depending on how fluffy you want your eggs and how many eggs you’re using)
- Veggies of your choice. We used onion, orange bell pepper, avocado, habanero, and black beans.
- Cheese of your choice. We used cheddar.
- Dice all of your veggies.
- Heat a pot or pan with a little oil, and sautee your veggies until they are nice and cooked. Then, pour them into a bowl, and set aside.
- When your veggies are done, beat your eggs with some milk.
- Heat one pan per omelet that you’re going to make, and add some butter or oil to coat the bottoms of each.
- When your pans/oil/butter are hot, pour in your eggs, and set the heat to low. Allow to cook until the eggs begin to firm up nicely (time will depend on size and shape of your pan as well as number of eggs and how much milk you mix in), and then scoop our veggies into a nice pile down the middle of your circle.
- Add your cheese, and then fold the sides of your egg over the top of your filling and cheese with a spatula. You may also want to cover your pan(s) with a lid so the cheese melts better.
- Heat your burrito wraps in the microwave for 20-30 seconds as your omelet finishes up.
- Slide your omelet out of your pan and onto your burrito wrapper.
- Wrap, devour, and enjoy!