Sometimes, you just need a bowl full of delicious fall flavours. Such was the case the day we made this meal! We started by making a batch of Pumpkin Spätzli (since we LOVE Savory Pumpkin applications), and then we sautéed up some other ingredients oft associated with Autumn. A little white wine cream sauce later, and we combined everything into this glorious amalgamation of flavours! If you’re looking for something to eat as you look out your window at the changing leaves, we suggest giving this one a try.
Time: 60 Minutes
- Spätzli. We used Pumpkin Spätzli, but spinach and sweet potato varieties would do well here too.
- Dried Cranberry
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Hard Cheese…We used Gruyere.
- Make your Spätzli dough, and begin to bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Peel and dice your onion and garlic.
- Melt some butter in a large pan, and add your onion and garlic…cook until your onion turns opaque.
- As your onion and garlic cook, dice an apple. Also, remove your kale stems from the leaves, and cut the leaves into ribbons.
- When your onion/garlic are ready, add your apples, kale, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds to the pan, and sauté until the kale softens and wilts.
- As your veggies cook, add your press your spätzli dough into your boiling water pot, and cook until the dumplings all float.
- As your dumplings boil, pour some (~6oz) chardonnay into your veggie pan, and then add a few tablespoons of heavy cream. Grate in some fresh nutmeg. Then, stir to combine, and bring to a simmer.
- Once your spätzli is cooked, drain it, and add it to your pan. Stir to combine and fully incorporate all your ingredients.
- Plate, grate your gruyere on top with a microplane grater, devour, and enjoy!