Sometimes, you just get in the mood to make a classic cold weather dish into Football Food! For this particular meal, we took the concept of Chicken Pot Pie and added a little Buffalo Sauce to make a spicy, ramekin of joy! We began by sautéing some Mirepoix before adding in diced chicken and browning it. From there, we added and thickened our sauce along with some blue cheese before topping it with our homemade Short Crust Pastry Dough and baking! When they came out, the topping was easy to push down into the Buffalo Chicken filling to add a little butteriness and slight crunch to each bite!
We served our pot pies alongside some Roasted Asparagus, which we would absolutely do again next time, as it paired surprisingly well.
Time: 75 Minutes
- Chicken Breast
- Shredded Carrot
- Buffalo Sauce
- Blue Cheese
- Short Crust Pastry Dough (or Puff Pastry Dough)
- Prep your short crust pastry dough (or defrost your puff pastry dough if using that).
- Dice your onion and celery, and set aside.
- Dice your chicken breast.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat some butter in a pan, and when it’s hot, add your onion, celery, and carrots, and sauté until they all soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add your chicken, and cook to brown it. Since you have small cubes, this should be pretty quick.
- Pour in your Buffalo Sauce, and add in your blue cheese. Cook to melt the cheese, and stir to fully combine.
- Scoop your mixture into ramekins.
- Roll out your pastry dough, and cut it into circles just larger than your ramekins. Then, layer the dough over each ramekin, and cut a small ventilation hole or two in the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until your crust is golden brown.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!