Given that Memorial Day in the USA is Monday, and the holiday is oft associated with Bar-B-Ques, I wanted to share this one today as an option in case it’s raining where you are, and your cook-out becomes a cook-in.
For this meal, we opted to go with a Fusion motif, and we borrowed from the Asian concept of a stir fry before infusing it with some good old fashioned American BBQ. We started by defrosting and deboning some chicken thighs before cutting them into bite sized pieces. We find that chicken thighs just provide such a nice texture given their relatively higher fat content compared to white meat chicken. We then added some onions, mushrooms, and peas to the mix before finishing everything with BBQ sauce. The result was a lot of positive feedback from my discerning food critics around the dinner table!
We served our stir fry over couscous, but it would also go well with Mashed Potatoes (regular, or funked up with Sneaky Style, Pea Infused, or Mushroom Infused)!
Time: 25 Minutes
- Boneless Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Sauce
- Start by prepping your veggies. Dice your onion, peel and dice your garlic, and wash and slice your mushrooms (set the mushrooms aside so you can use your cutting board for chicken in a few steps).
- Melt some butter in a large pan, and add in your onions and garlic. Sauté until your onions turn opaque and begin to caramelize.
- As your onions cook, cut your chicken into cubes.
- When your onion is ready, add your chicken and mushrooms to the pan, and cook thoroughly.
- Add in your peas and BBQ sauce, stir to combine, and allow to come up to a low simmer.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!