Unlike our prior vegetable infused mashed potatoes (Cabbage and Cauliflower), there is nothing sneaky about this side dish! It is unabashedly green (which happens to be perfect given that we cooked this to top our St Patrick’s Shepherd’s Pie)! To be totally honest, we decided to try combining potatoes and peas because we wanted something green to sit atop our pies, and we didn’t want to use food dye. That said, this recipe worked really well, and I have a feeling we will be making it again as a side dish to pair with grilled or roasted meat!
Time: 30 Minutes
- Sweet Peas (We used Frozen)
- Optional: Black Pepper
- Optional: Irish Cheddar to melt on top
- Peel your potatoes, and cut them into cubes. Then, place them in a pot.
- Pour in a bunch of peas (the higher the pea:potato ratio, the greener your end product will be), and then add water to cover.
- Boil until your potatoes are soft and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Drain your excess water, and pour your potatoes and peas into your food processor.
- Add in some salt, optional black pepper, butter, and milk. Puree, adding more butter and milk as necessary.
- Plate (or reheat in your original pan), optionally melt some Irish cheddar on top, devour, and enjoy!