We enjoy simple mashed potatoes, but sometimes, we just want more. This one falls into the latter category. We knew we wanted to rely on a shiitake ginger dressing to provide our meat with flavour…so we decided to go all in on the shiitake concept and infuse our potatoes with the delicious fungus. Then, we added some sauteed garlic for good measure.
We served our mashed potatoes with a roasted pork tenderloin that we’d marinated in a Shiitake Ginger dressing. However, we think this would be great paired with any sort of Roast Pork Tenderloin or other meat options like Mimi’s Grilled Venison Tenderloin, Honey Lemongrass Grilled Chicken Breast, or Filet Mignon with Worcestershire Whipped Butter.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Potatoes (We used Yukon Gold)
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Rinse your potatoes, peel if you like, and cut them into cubes. Then, place them in a pot, and add water until they are covered. Boil until soft.
- As your potatoes boil, prep your other ingredients:
- Clean your mushrooms, and dice them.
- Peel and dice your garlic.
- Melt some butter in a pan, and sautee your mushrooms and garlic together for about 5-6 minutes.
- When your potatoes are soft, drain the water, and put your potatoes back into the pot. Pour in a little milk, and add some butter. Mash, and add more milk as needed to achieve your desired level of creaminess.
- When your mushrooms and garlic are done, add them into your potatoes, sprinkle in a little salt, and stir to combine.
- Heat back up to ensure your potatoes are hot.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!