Thai Curry is generally a big hit in our house, and while we generally gravitate towards red curry paste, I felt compelled to switch it up and go with green the other day. With the main flavour selected, we opened up a can of Coconut Milk and started slicing our veggies to bring this dish together. In the end, we had a very tasty and filling meal ready to go pretty quickly and without a ton of effort! Give this a try next time you’re craving Thai…I don’t think you’ll be too disappointed!
We served our meal over Rice Vermicelli, but it would also pair well with white or brown rice.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- White Button Mushrooms
- Coconut Milk
- Green Curry Paste
- Slice your peppers, onions, and carrots.
- Heat some oil in a large pan, and add the veggies you cut in the first step. Sauté until your veggies begin to soften.
- As your veggies cook, slice your mushrooms. Add them to the pan when done (they cook quicker than the others, so they should go in a little later).
- When your veggies have softened, add your shrimp and your green curry paste. Stir to fully incorporate, and to unleash the incredible aromas.
- Pour in your coconut milk, and bring to a simmer to finish cooking everything. Stir occasionally.
- When your coconut milk has simmered for a minute or so, you’re good to go.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!