As we were pondering what to make for dinner the other day, we realized that Lemongrass is woefully underrepresented on our site. It’s such a fresh and distinctive flavour, and it is so good in so many dishes…and yet, we only had four recipes that used it (and none since JULY 2020!). Gadzooks! To remedy that gap, we decided to make what my wife dubbed, “Asian Spaghetti and Meatballs.”
The meatballs themselves are made with a combination of pork and diced shiitake mushrooms, and we served them over a Snow Pea and Bell Pepper Fried Udon to complete our dish. However, if you prefer, these would make a great hors d’oeuvre with a little dipping sauce.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Ground Pork
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Lemongrass Paste
- Optional if you want a little kick: Sriracha
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, line a baking sheet with some foil, and give it a quick oil spray.
- Dice your Shiitake mushrooms, and add them into a mixing bowl with your ground pork.
- Add in some lemongrass paste, Sriracha (if using), and panko bread crumbs. Then, mash it all together with your hands.
- Form your mixture into meatballs, and arrange them on your baking sheet. We went with little meatballs for this one, but you get to pick the size you want to make…just adjust cooking times accordingly.
- Place your baking sheet in the oven, and bake for about 8-9 minutes.
- Flip your meatballs, and continue baking until the centers reach an internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!