This side dish was (if I’m being honest) a result of a bunch of veggie leftovers that we needed to use. We had some snow peas and an orange bell pepper (and of course some shiitake mushrooms that we bought to make our meatballs). Then, we looked in the pantry, and the first thing we saw was a pack of udon noodles, and we decided not to overthink it.
We served our noodles with Lemongrass Shiitake Meatballs to form “Asian Spaghetti and Meatballs.” However, these noodles would also be great with stir fried shrimp tossed in or even the salmon component of our Deconstructed Crunchy Salmon Rolls (Cooked) recipe!
Time: 25 Minutes
- Udon Noodles
- Snow Peas
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Soy Sauce
- Optional: Bell Pepper, colour of your choosing
- Optional: Garlic
- Begin to boil some water.
- Slice your veggies.
- Heat some oil in your wok, and then add your veggies, and stir fry for about 5-10 minutes. Then, add in a little soy sauce, and keep cooking.
- When your water boils, put your noodles in the water pot, and boil until soft.
- Strain the noodles, and add them to your wok.
- Toss with tongs to combine.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!