We hadn’t grilled for a while, and we got a nice day, so we just felt like it was time. Burgers seemed like the best way to get back into grilling….but as always, we wanted to go beyond your basic burger (check out our other Funky Burger Recipes).
We served our burger with grilled green beans because it’s what we had on hand. However, other excellent pairings would be (from the grill to reduce cleanup) Grilled Mushrooms, Grilled Zucchini, Grilled Veggie Pillow, and Grilled Corn on the Cob or (from the oven) Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Roasted Yellow Bean “French Fries,” or Delicata Squash Fries.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Ground Beef (8 oz per burger). We used 90/10 lean.
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Burger Bun and toppings of your choosing
- Preheat your grill
- Mix roughly equal parts of horseradish, shredded cheddar, and cream cheese in a bowl with a fork
- Flatten out about 4 ounces of ground beef into a large, thin patty.
- Spread your cheesy/horseradish mix atop your patty, nearly to the edges.
- Flatten out another 4 ounces of meat, and place it atop your bottom patty. Crimp the edges.
- Place your burger atop the grill, and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Flip, and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Fix your bun as you like.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!