Here’s another Pumpkin Recipe that we are making from the pumpkin we picked during the fall office outing. In looking at our prior pumpkin recipes, we had leaned heavily towards the whole “chipotle pumpkin” theme, so we wanted to change it up and make a more homestyle/comfort food dish. We also still had some Raclette that my aunt gave us, so a gratin seemed to be the natural extension of circumstance and opportunity here.
We served this with Black Peppered Duck Wings (recipe coming soon), but it would go very well with grilled pork or turkey…or any Schnitzel.
Time: 60 Minutes
- Raw Pumpkin (as opposed to canned/pureed)
- Seasonings (we’re using smoked paprika and cracked black pepper)
- Cream or Half and Half
- Cheese of your choice (we’re using Raclette)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Carefully, cut your pumpkin:
- Remove the stem by cutting around it, and pulling it out
- Cut your pumpkin in half, and scoop the seeds out of each half. Save the seeds to roast later as a snack!
- Cut your pumpkin into wedges
- Cut the skin off the flesh of your pumpkin wedges.
- Slice your wedges into thin cross-sections, and set aside.
- Wash and slice your leeks
- Melt some butter in a pan, and add your pumpkin cross-sections and leeks. Sautee, stirring occasionally, just until the pumpkin starts to brown (2-3 minutes).
- Rub some butter around the edges of your casserole dish, and when the pumpkin/leek combination has browned, spread it in your casserole dish.
- Mix your cream/half and half with your smoked paprika, and whisk to combine. Then, pour this over your pumpkin/leeks.
- Slice your cheese (or use pre-shredded), and add it atop your pumpkin/leek.
- Top everything with some cracked black pepper, stash in the oven, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!