The other day, we made a few different appetizers for dinner. Prosciutto wrapped asparagus was one of the stars of the cast (along with Gorgonzola Walnut Stuffed Pears). We absolutely loved this twist on our usual roasted asparagus. It added a nice bit of saltiness to the rich flavours of Roasted Asparagus.
While this isn’t quite as customizable as a lot of our other recipes (as will happen when there are essentially only two ingredients), you can still play around with this by swapping the prosciutto for bacon and trying different ingredients to serve atop your spear bundles. However, the real benefit of this recipe is its versatility! In addition to being a great side dish, these also make fantastic appetizers, they would be great sitting atop a salad, and heck…they would even go well on a breakfast or brunch plate! It’s pretty much an “all occasions” idea (unless you’re making a vegetarian meal).
Time: 20 Minutes
- Olive Oil
- Any additional toppings you like. Crumbled gorgonzola, capers, shredded parmesan, squeezed lemon, and/or crushed peppercorns would be good here.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, line a baking sheet with a little foil, and give it a quick oil spray
- Wash your asparagus, and snap the ends off to remove the woody parts.
- Slice your prosciutto into thin strips, and then wrap between 1 and 3 asparagus spears (depending on thickness of your asparagus) together in each strip, placing each bundle on your baking sheet once wrapped.
- Give everything a quick oil spray, and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Plate, add any additional toppings, devour, and enjoy!