A few weeks ago, we bought a whole duck for the same price as duck breast would have cost, so we brought it home and butchered it. So far, we’ve had made quite a few varied meals (check out our Duck Recipes), and we’re excited for a few future ones we have planned. For this meal, we decided to feature the wings, and to prepare them simply.
We served our duck wings with Pumpkin and Leek Gratin and steamed peas.
**If you buy a whole duck and plan to butcher it, I suggest heading over to YouTube for step by step visual instructions**
Time: 35 Minutes
- Duck Wings
- Black Pepper
- Optional: BBQ sauce (if you’re planning to toss your wings in sauce)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil, and place your roasting rack on the foil.
- Remove excess skin from your duck wings, and liberally sprinkle black pepper atop. Lightly salt as well, and gently pat the seasonings on.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or until your meat reaches an internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F)
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!