We were looking for a quick, nutritious meal the other day, so we went to the pantry and the fridge to see what we had. A quick glance in the chill chest revealed an abundance of spinach and mushrooms, and a box of angel hair was about eye level in the pantry…so we figured those ingredients wanted to be used, and use them, we did.
We began by sautéing the mushrooms before wilting in some spinach and then making a creamy sauce with a Roux, milk, and fresh parmesan cheese. We then thickened the sauce and served it over angel hair for the win!
Time: 30 Minutes
- Pasta of your choice. We used Angel Hair.
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
- Bring a large pot of water (with a little olive oil and salt) to a boil.
- As your water heats, slice your onions, and peel and slice your garlic.
- Melt your butter in a large pan, and add in your garlic and onions. Sauté until your onions soften and begin to brown.
- As your mushrooms cook, shred or slice your Parmesan.
- Add in your spinach, oregano, and black pepper, and cook to wilt.
- Stir in your flour until it’s fully incorporated into your veggies.
- Pour in your milk, and add your cheese. Stir, and bring to a simmer to allow your sauce to thicken.
- Add your angel hair to your water, and allow it to boil for a few minutes until it softens to your desired level. Then, drain the water, and plate your pasta.
- Scoop your sauce over your pasta, devour, and enjoy!