If you’ve ever purchased a whole Chicken, Turkey, Duck, or Goose, you’ve probably had the task of figuring out what to do with the giblet bag. While the most common uses for this bag are to make gravy or to fill your trash bin, we try to actively embrace other creative Giblet Solutions. For this particular iteration, we decided to go with Tacos!
We served our giblet filling over fresh homemade flour tortillas (with melted cheese on them) and homemade Roasted Salsa!
Time: 25 Minutes
- Giblets of your choice. We used a combination of Goose and Turkey (One set makes for one good serving).
- Cilantro (we used dried because that’s what we had)
- Ground Cumin
- Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Taco Cheese
- Salsa. Go with jarred, or make your own Roasted Salsa from Scratch (recipe coming soon)
- Dice an onion, and set aside.
- Rinse and pat your giblets dry. Then, dice them finely.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, and add your onions. Sautee for a few minutes until they begin to turn opaque.
- Add your diced giblets along with all of your seasonings, and sautee until everything is fully cooked.
- As your giblets and onions finish, melt some cheese atop your tortillas. We used a griddle to do this, but a microwave will do as well.
- When your meat and onions are ready, spread them atop your melted cheese, and then top everything with salsa.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!