Pineapple and pork go extremely well together, as they both have a nice complementary sweetness to them…so we decided to turn that combination into a burger! Since we like the spicy/sweet combination, we also added red pepper flakes to our patties, and it added a nice additional dimension of flavour! We cooked ours in a cast iron pan with some red peppers (a highly suggested topping), but these would be perfect on the grill for a cookout too!
We served our burgers with a modified version of our Lemon Parmesan Broccoli Rabe (essentially swapped the lemon Parmesan out for garlic and pepper). However, any of our Fries Recipes would be fantastic here…especially our Sweet Potato Wedge Fries!
Time: 20 Minutes
- Ground Pork (4-6 ounces/burger)
- Dried Pineapple
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Burger Bun
- Any toppings you like. We used lettuce, roasted red peppers, and mayonnaise
- Dice your dried pineapple, and mix it with your pork and red pepper flakes.
- Heat your grill, or heat some oil in a pan, and when your cooking surface is hot, form your burger patties, and place them on your cooking surface.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 4-5 minutes (or until your burgers reach a minimum internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F).
- As your burgers cook, prep your bun and toppings.
- When your burgers hit that 165 degrees F mark, you’re good to go!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!