This one is a very simple side dish that builds on the bitter flavours of broccoli rabe with some citrusy freshness and cheesey saltiness. We originally made this to serve with our Herbed Trout Dip, and we enjoyed it so much we made it again a few days later to pair with our Ricotta and Stuffed Chicken.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Broccoli Rabe
- Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon Juice (or Lemon Zest)
- Wash your broccoli rabe, and cut the ends off the bottoms of the stalks.
- Melt some butter or heat some olive oil in a large pan, and when it’s hot, add your broccoli rabe.
- Sautee your broccoli rabe for a few minutes, and then add a splash of water and a lid so that your greens half steam.
- When your leaves have wilted, and your broccoli rabe has cooked down, add a little lemon juice or zest, sprinkle in your Parmesan cheese, and top it with a pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine and to let the cheese melt.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!