This dish is similar to our Havarti Dill Peas in that it is at its heart peas and cheese. However, we switched up the cheese and seasoning to give this a different flavour profile, and we made this into a non-saucy side rather than a topping for a meat. I’ve wanted to try making peas with Emmentaler ever since my Ant [sic] told me about how growing up, she and my mom would make frozen peas with melted Swiss.
We served this as our green veggie component alongside Pilzschnitzel im Pilsernsauce and Rösti!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Frozen Peas
- Emmentaler Cheese
- Optional: Worcestershire Sauce
- Melt some butter in a pan, and add a few drops of Worcestershire if you like as well.
- When the butter’s hot, add your peas and sautee.
- As the peas cook, grate your cheese (or slice it into thin strips).
- After a few minutes, add your cheese to the pan to melt and coat your peas.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!