This idea came to us in the form of a pun. Then, we thought it would be a good idea to make it happen, and here we are! A glorious Fusion of Spanish Paella with Thai flavours! Given that this dish is full of chicken, rice, and veggies, we served it alone. However, if you’re inclined to make a side dish, we suggest Summer Rolls or Dumplings.
Time: 45 Minutes
- Protein of your choice. We used Chicken Breast, but Fried Tofu would be fantastic too.
- Red Bell Pepepr
- Green Bell Pepper
- Garlic (we used about 5 cloves)
- Red Curry Paste (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 1 Cup of Parboiled Rice
- 1.5 Cups (1 can) Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup of Water
- Dice all of your vegetables, and set them in separate little bowls (for ease of adding at the right times).
- Dice your protein of choice last, and you can just leave it on your cutting board (if using meat, this will nix the risk of cross contamination).
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large pan with steep sides (preferably one for which you have a lid).
- When the oil is hot, add your onions, garlic, and red curry paste, and stir to combine. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in your peppers and chicken next, and cook those for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lastly, add and mix in your mushrooms, and cook everything for another minute or two.
- Push all of your veggies and meat to the side to form a nice ring in the center of your pan. Then, pour in your coconut milk and water, and bring everything to a simmer.
- When your liquid is simmering, add your rice to the middle of the pan, give the rice a quick stir, turn the heat to low, and put your lid on.
- Allow everything to simmer for 20-25 minutes so the rice can cook.
- Remove the lid, stir to combine, and continue to cook as needed until your Thaiella is saucy but not liquidy or runny.
- Plate, Devour, and Enjoy!