After another bike ride into town for a visit to New Hope Seafood Market, and another great seafood meal! This time, we turned our attention from fish to bivalves, specifically, mussels. After getting home with a pound of these guys, we decided to steam them in a garlicky buttery wine sauce and serve them over angel hair pasta.
Time: 25 Minutes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Dry White Wine
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Start boiling some water in a pasta pot.
- Slice your garlic, and cut your cherry tomatoes and olives in half
- Pick a large pan that you have a lid for, and melt some butter in the bottom.
- Add your garlic slices, and allow to sautee for a minute or two.
- Add in your olives and tomatoes, and sautee for another few minutes.
- Pour in your wine, add in some basil, and bring to a simmer.
- Add your angel hair to your boiling pasta water.
- As your wine heats up, rinse all of your mussels.
- When your wine is simmering, carefully, add your mussels to the pan, cover with your lid, and steam for about 4 minutes.
- Drain your pasta, and pour it into your bowl.
- Discard any mussels that remain closed after steaming. Then, use tongs to fish out your mussels, and place atop your pasta.
- Top your mussels with your olives and tomatoes from your pan, and then pour your sauce over all of that.
- Devour, and enjoy!