A few weeks ago, we ordered takeout from Jaffron in New Hope, PA, and we found ourselves enthralled by their vegetarian menu options (which came out amazingly, by the way). Anyway, that inspired us to play around with our own take on a vegetarian dish with some classic Indian flavours. This was the result!
Time: 60 Minutes
- Lentils (and water in a 1 part Lentil, 3 part water ratio)
- Cauliflower (we used a half head)
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Turmeric
- Red Pepper Flakes
- A little Salt
- Start your lentils first. Combine them with your water in a pot, bring to a boil, and then cover lightly and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- As your lentils cook, cut your cauliflower into florets and steam in the microwave (or boil on a stovetop) until soft. Then, puree in your food processor/blender, and set aside.
- Melt some butter in a large pot, and add your spinach, chives, and sliced garlic.
- When your lentils are done, add them to your spinach.
- Then scoop in your cauliflower, and top it with your spices. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add in your cream and some water and stir to combine. You should have a nice soupy mixture at this point.
- Simmer for about 30-40 minutes until your sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!