Ever since our first experience with Whipped Ricotta at a local restaurant at a friend’s suggestion, we have been obsessed with the concept. The method takes what can be a somewhat bland and texturally unique cheese and elevates it to star status where it can be featured as a dip and served as an hors d’oeuvre or even as an entrée.
For this iteration, we decided to whip our ricotta with traditional pizza ingredients. The little bit of marinara sauce changed to colour to a mild pink, and the seasonings infused the ricotta with rich flavour. We then sliced some baguette to dip in our cheese to complete the dish!
Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings):
- 15 oz Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1-2 Tablespoons Marinara Sauce (Start with 1, and add as needed)
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- A pinch of Kosher Salt
- Bread component for dipping. We used Sourdough Baguette, but Italian Bread would work too.
- Combine your ingredients into the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Use your whisk attachment to whip your ricotta and combine your flavours.
- As your ricotta whips, slice your bread. Optionally, you can brush your bread with a little butter or olive oil and toast on a griddle.
- Scoop your ricotta into bowls.
- Plate, dip, devour, and enjoy!