A few weeks ago, we made Buffalo Mahi Fish Tacos to watch some playoff football. That same day, we hedged our bets in case those tacos didn’t satisfy us, and in the pan next door, we made these babies as a vegetarian alternative! While the original tacos were really good, we are glad we made these too, as they were also quite tasty, albeit very different. We figured that tofu would work since the tofu of our Buffalo Tofu Nuggets went really well with the Buffalo Sauce. From there, we had to pick which tofu to use, and we went with extra firm since it crumbles nicely, thus increasing the surface area for the Buffalo Sauce to stick! If you’re looking for a fun, spicy vegetarian option for Watching Football, give these a try!
Time: 30 Minutes
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Blue Cheese (or Ranch) Dressing
- Buffalo Sauce
- Drain your tofu water and place the block in a large bowl. Then, mash it up by hand so it crumbles.
- Dice your onion.
- Heat some oil in a pan, and add your onions. Cook until they turn opaque.
- Then add your tofu, and stir to combine. Sprinkle in a little salt as it cooks.
- As your tofu and onions cook, prep your other taco ingredients. Dice your tomato, and slice your spinach into thin strips.
- Arrange your tortillas on your plates, and then add your tomato and spinach atop.
- Pour your Buffalo Sauce over your tofu, and stir to fully combine and coat.
- Scoop your tofu onto your tortillas, and then add a drizzle of your dressing.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!