We have found through the years that Sherry and Seafood go really well together (especially if you add a little garlic or shallot). We’ve relied on this combination to make favourites like Sherry Seafood Chowder, Lobster Ravioli with Sherry Cream Sauce, and Garlic Sherry Scallops. This time, we decided it wouldn’t be too risky to press our luck and build a Risotto dish featuring this combination! From there, we decided to open up a can of crab claw meat (which we had yet to use with Sherry). To finish everything off, we added peas for some colour and texture. This one was a huge hit with my family.
Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings):
- 1 Cup Arborio Rice
- 5-6 Cups Vegetable stock
- 8-16 oz Crab Claw Meat
- 1/2 Cup Sherry
- 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Sweet Onion
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Behin to heat your vegetable stock in a saucepan so that it comes to a simmer at the right time.
- Dice your onion and garlic. Melt some butter in a large, flat bottomed pan, and then add your garlic/onion. Cook until the onion turns opaque.
- Add your crab meat and peas to the pan, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour your rice over your crab and veggies, and stir to combine. Let cook until the rice turns slightly opaque (about 5 minutes).
- Pour in your Sherry, and allow the rice to begin to absorb it.
- Working one cup at a time, pour in your vegetable stock, and allow each cup to be absorbed by the rice before adding the next.
- On the final cup of vegetable stock, add in your black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Once all of your stock is absorbed, and your rice is fluffy and creamy, you’re good to go!
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!