We had a bottom round roast defrosted the other day, and we decided to pull upon the “Beef with Noodles” concept from our Beef Chow Mein recipe to make another stir fry. For this one, we changed up the flavour profile entirely and use Hoisin Sauce and Lemongrass to build some pizzaz into the dish. We also swapped out our green peppers and onions for celery, which added a little earthy sweetness to the party.
Given that we had veggies, protein, and starch in the dish, we didn’t feel the need to make a side dish…but if you would like something additional, try our Shiitake Ginger Spring Rolls.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Beef. We used part of a Bottom Round Roast.
- Red Bell Pepper
- Snow Peas
- Hoisin Sauce
- Lemongrass Paste (although, you can also use fresh lemongrass)
- Rice Vinegar
- Your favourite Asian Style Noodles
- Slice your red pepper and celery (on a bias), and remove the ends from your peas.
- Cut your beef into thin long strips.
- Bring some water to a boil for your noodles. When it boils, add your noodles, and cook until soft. Then drain, and toss in a little sesame oil.
- As your noodles cook, heat some oil in a wok or other large pan, and add in your vegetables. Sauté until your celery begins to soften.
- Add your beef, and cook with your veggies until it begins to brown.
- Scoop in some Hoisin and your Lemongrass component, and stir to combine, and allow your meat and veggies to finish cooking.
- Add your noodles to your meat and veggies, and stir to combine over low heat.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!