We needed a quick meal the other day, so we thought back into the memory bank and decided to base this meal on our Maple Buffalo Pulled Turkey and Chipotle Maple Pork Tenderloin recipes. From those, we knew that Chipotle Chilies and Maple Syrup went very well together and that pulled poultry was a great delivery vehicle for that flavour combination.
Since we didn’t plan ahead and use a slow cooker (and chicken breast is much leaner than the turkey wings used in the recipe above), we needed to find a quick cooking method. Since water is a better conductor of heat than air, we decided to poach our chicken, which cut the cooking time down significantly. Once our chicken finished cooking in the water, we took it out and pulled it before tossing it with some maple syrup and chipotle chilies in adobo sauce before adding it to our tacos and heating the mixture up with some shredded cheese to melt.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Chicken Breast
- Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Tomatoes (we like Cherry Tomatoes for this)
- Bring some water to a low boil in a large bottomed pan. Add your chicken, place a lid on, and poach for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through the cook time.
- When your chicken reaches a minimum internal cooked temperature of 165 degrees F, remove from the water, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Use two forks to shred your chicken breasts.
- Pour some maple syrup and diced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce into your chicken bowl, and stir to combine.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, and then add in your shredded chicken mixture to heat. Add in your cheese, and cook until it melts.
- As your chicken finishes, put your taco shells on a plate, and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Build your tacos with your cheesy pulled chicken and toppings.
- Devour, and enjoy!