If you’re looking for a fun way to funkify your next Home Fries experience, keep reading! We took some golden fennel that my sous chef grew in his garden (there’s a lot more garden fresh recipes coming later this summer!), and we decided to use it with a side dish! We also decided to use some to flavour some chicken breast we cooked in our Dutch Oven to build out the rest of the meal. Then, we added in some Feta to give the dish a little saltiness, which worked really well.
This side would pair very nicely with any grilled meat or even a Greek Omelette as a brunch or a Breakfast for Dinner type thing.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Crumbled Feta
- Golden Fennel Leaves. Regular fennel leaves will work too.
- Dice your potatoes and fennel into small pieces.
- Add equal parts butter and oil into a pan (cast iron is best), and heat.
- When your butter has melted and your pan is hot, add your potatoes.
- Sprinkle in a little salt, and cook until the potatoes begin to brown (stirring occasionally to cook evenly).
- Add in your fennel, and finish cooking your potatoes to the point that they are brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle in some feta, and stir to combine.
- Plate, sprinkle more feta atop, devour, and enjoy!