For our third and final pie of Custom Personal Savory Pie Night (doesn’t have quite the ring of “Taco Tuesday,” but it should still become a thing), we made one with Smoked Pork, Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions, and a Chive Infused Double Gloucester! The saltiness of the smoked pork and the cheese paired gloriously with the sweetness of the onions and the earthiness of the mushrooms!
The accompanying pies we made for this particular meal were Apple Rhubarb Smoked Pork Savory Pie and Savory Broccoli and Mushroom Pie…but don’t be limited by these! Check out all of our Savory Pie Recipes!!!
Time: 60 Minutes
- Short Crust Pie Dough…Store bought, or Make Your Own!
- Ham or Smoked Pork Loin Chops
- Cheese of your Choice. We used a Chive Infused Double Gloucester, but a Smoked Gouda or a Gruyere would be awesome too.
- All Purpose Flour (we used a teaspoon for small pies, so you’ll want around a tablespoon or a tablespoon and a half for a larger one)
- Prep your dough if making from scratch.
- Dice your onions, mushrooms.
- Melt some butter in a pan, and add your mushrooms and onions, and cook to caramelize.
- Dice your cheese and set aside.
- Dice your ham, and add it to your onions and mushrooms when they start to brown. Cook for a few minutes.
- As your filling cooks, arrange your pie crust in whatever vessel you’re using, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle your flour atop, and stir to combine.
- Turn your heat to low, and pour in your milk. Stir to combine as it thickens.
- Add and stir in your cheese to finish your sauce.
- Scoop and spread your cheesy mushroomy porky goodness into your pie crust, and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for about 40 Minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!