After starting our camping trip with Loaded Steak Burritos, we decided to reach pretty far North and pretty far East for inspiration for our breakfast. Wanting to keep things relatively simple and without much clean-up, we settled upon breakfast sandwiches built with Croissants! After cooking our eggs, we assembled and then heated the sandwiches on a griddle to give a (non-pressed) panini feel. My only regret was that I left the stone ground mustard in the cooler and completely forgot to add it to the sandwiches! Quelle Horreur!
Stay tuned for Camp-Out Chicken Kebabs that we cooked for lunch…and check out the Blackened Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits that we made for dinner on day 2 also!
Time: 15 Minutes
- Eggs (1 per sandwich)
- Sliced Ham
- Baby Spinach
- Cheese. We used Swiss.
- Optional: Dijon Mustard
- Slice your croissants and tomatoes.
- Heat a griddle, and spray a little oil atop.
- Crack your eggs, and start cooking them.
- Flip your eggs, and cook until the yolk reaches your desired runniness.
- Build your sandwich…layer your spinach, sliced tomato, ham, cheese, and cooked egg onto the bottom croissant slice. Then, spread a little mustard on the top, and put the top over everything.
- Place your croissants on the griddle for a few minutes per side to heat.
- Plate, devour, and enjoy!